Copyright

Please respect that the author's entires and photographs are copyrighted. You are welcome to provide a link to this blog, but don't take this as your own. Piper appreciates your cooperation.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Finally... a New Post!

You'll notice that I haven't posted here for a long time. I got sick towards the end of May and had to head straight to the hospital where I stayed for almost a week. That was to get things stabilized and I knew I had to go back for surgery. I continued to hurt and not feel well all summer and finally had my surgery on September 18th. Again, I was in the hospital for almost a week, but I'm home now and I hope once all this heals, it will be the end of medical issues for a long time.

Piper is doing well. She just had a long summer of rest which she probably didn't mind during the hot weather. For a change we got rain during the summer so the pasture is in better shape than it usually is this time of the year. The flip side was the hay farmers couldn't cut and bale hay all summer because it rained nearly every day. Finally the daily rains stopped and the farmers could cut and bale hay so we could get Piper a new supply of hay.

I've bought some training aids and horse toys so hopefully I'll be able to use them with her soon. Here she is with her training ball. It's supposed to desensitize them to sudden movement, but as you can see it didn't really bother her. We placed some hay on top and she thought that was no big deal.


I don't know how long it will be before I ride again. We'll start back with ground work once I feel up to it. At least there is fall weather ahead which is so much more comfortable for me with outdoor activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment